Leadership Challenges in COVID-19 Crisis

Participants

Opinions

Leadership Challenges in COVID-19 Crisis

Participants

Opinions

5834aa7202dc020acf00eaec9e0b062f

Description

In this week's session, Hariram Krishnan, former Managing Director of Galderma India will discuss, Leadership Challenges in COVID-19 Crisis.

How is Covid19 and the lockdown affecting pharma companies? How well are pharma leaders responding to minimise threats and maximise opportunities presented this crisis?

Contrary to popular belief, digital transformation is less about technology and more about leadership and  people.

Chasing after shiny new (digital) objects may help pharma companies appear to be sprinting, hare-like, ahead. But that’s not what’s going to lead to sustained results. The need is for a strong and determined leadership.

Stay tuned for more valuabel insights. We air our next video on May 29, at 5 pm.

Share:

Live session today at 5 PM. Stay tuned for Anup Soans and Hariram Krishnan's insightful conversation.

Goutam Dutta 10 Jun 2020 17:25

Very informative, useful and need of the hour in digital engagement

Hariram Krishnan 10 Jun 2020 18:26

Thank you, Goutam

Senthil raj S s 10 Jun 2020 17:03

dear sir Both Hariram sir and Anoopsoan sir Privilege to attend your live session

Hariram Krishnan 10 Jun 2020 18:26

Senthil, our pleasure

Diwakar Rijal 10 Jun 2020 14:43

very much informative sir, thank you for the session. as you explained on change equation all component matters, how bout the alignment with the field force and middle manager for transformation. also upgrading the field force skill, resources and motivation. the future of evaluation of the should not be product centric.

Hariram Krishnan 10 Jun 2020 18:27

Diwakar, thank you for watching and listening. Yes, alignment at all levels, the need of the hour.

Madhan Jayanth Marpu 7 Jun 2020 07:38

Very much informative slides sir .. Thank you for helping us to overcome new chanllenges.

Hariram Krishnan 9 Jun 2020 07:53

Welcome Madhan

Ashish Kumar Jain 6 Jun 2020 18:20

Very Useful Hariram Sir,

Hariram Krishnan 6 Jun 2020 18:26

Ashish, thank you

Dileep Kumar Tiwari 1 Jun 2020 01:15

Thanks @Hariram Sir for such a highly insightful session!

Hariram Krishnan 1 Jun 2020 10:38

Welcome, Dileep.

Prasad Mahadevan - 30 May 2020 17:30

Dear Hariram Sir Your session was very enlightening & properly explained as per the current scenario of Indian Pharmaceutical Organizations. It's important that the top line management needs to keep a broad mind & embrace the current scenario of Covid 19 & the digital tranformation & not take it as short term excercise but for long term. However wanted to know if the marketing team & the middle managerial levels are ready for the digital transformation & have worked out different solutions to cater to Doctors & other Pharma customers but the top line management & the owners are still not totally ready for the entire transformation & thinking about the investment & waiting for the situation to improve so in such scenario what will be the best for long term business & to maintain or improve the market share

Hariram Krishnan 1 Jun 2020 10:46

Thank you Prasad for watching the webinar. You have raised very pertinent questions. The top leadership has to drive the whole transformation journey by empowering, upskilling and/or reskilling. Once the leadership supports the whole journey, all the team members involved in the journey will have to be aligned with the purpose and collaborate constantly to keep the flow going. Simultaneously, the organisation culture has to be nurtured to support as the ecosystem makes a huge difference at all times.

MAHENDRA NIDHANKAR 30 May 2020 16:43

Dear Sir, great learning from your session. Thank you.

Hariram Krishnan 1 Jun 2020 10:46

Welcome, Mahendra.

Bhaskar Chakravorti 29 May 2020 19:27

It was a pleasure listening to your presentation Hariram Sir. I appreciate the thoughts and concepts. Your 'Formula for change' was interesting and I like the words 'next normal'. I will reinforce your talk with what David L.Rogers writes ' Digital transformation is not about technology- it is about strategy and new ways of thinking'. We need thought leaders like you for digital transformation in the Pharma Industry.

Hariram Krishnan 29 May 2020 19:39

Bhashkar, thank you so much. Coming from you, it means a lot. Let’s do our part and keep influencing. I am optimistic that the current scenario will push them to embrace DT.

R CHANDRASHEKAR 29 May 2020 19:06

Thank you very much sir for your valuable views on the need for digital transformation. In these uncertain covid times, digital is the only effective way to reach our customers. we must strive to improve this mode of reach to get a better recall from our customers.

Hariram Krishnan 29 May 2020 19:41

Welcome Chandrasekar. Yes. Looks like a better option in changing context.

Amaninder Dhillon 29 May 2020 18:52

- Digital Engagement is Pull driven and Data-dependent - The conventional pharma has always been push driven and relationship (Transactional driven) dependent. Q How do we converge the divergence within the chaos of generics clutter? -The current levers of Pharma are CRM and Rep dependent - The data source in Pharm has been the Rep daily reporting which is subjective/questionable and ever-changing with the change of hands Q How do we standardize the data points of CRM? -Most of the disruption in any industry are driven by industry leader - Unfortuantlley Indian Pharma is very fragmented - Q Who should bell the cat of digital transformation? Q What changes in regulation/compliance will propel the digital transformation? Q What are the recommendation of experts?

Hariram Krishnan 29 May 2020 19:05

Amaninder, happy to know that you watched and listened to my talk. These are very pertinent questions. First 2 questions should be answered by experts with technical knowledge and understanding like Salil Kallianpur and Raja. Regarding...who should bell the cat...Ideally marketing. In Indian context still lots have to be done in terms of PUSH factor. And who else...but the top leadership that should take the initiative and drive the whole agenda. I have mentioned that clearly. Regulations/compliance’s as you rightly mentioned are yet another area and industry associations have to engage the government officials and influence them. Let’s also get our experts opinion...for sure. Thank you for the insightful and relevant questions.

Sudhendra Anandgal 29 May 2020 18:41

Thank You Hari Sir for sharing your perspective on Digital transformation with data. I totally resonate with your Outlook sir and Digital Marketing is going a mark in Pharma Sales very soon.

Hariram Krishnan 29 May 2020 18:46

Welcome, Sudhendra. Yes. This is going to be the way forward.

Prashant Mahadev Bhat 29 May 2020 18:23

Thank you Hari Sir for your valuable insights....Very important for us to understand that Digital Transformation is more about people than technology contrary to popular belief, and it is the leadership which has to ensure that it is understood.....and the change has to have a purpose which has to be laid down before the journey is started in the organization. Loved the flow of thoughts. Looking forward to your next!!

Hariram Krishnan 29 May 2020 18:48

Prashant, most welcome. I am glad you loved the flow. Sure, I will share more insights as we go forward.

Rajendra Singh Sohi 29 May 2020 18:21

Sir, end of the day, one more important lesson iterated - if technology is a gun, it's always the person (Talent) behind the gun which is going to make the difference.

Hariram Krishnan 29 May 2020 18:49

Rajendra, Thank you. I like the way you have connected with gun and the person.

Pradipto Ghosh 29 May 2020 17:49

Respected Sir, It was a Great experience to get this learning opportunity from you on Credoweb platform. Sir , I fully agree that Digital transformation is the only way of marketing in Next Normal . But , Sir how we can address the following challenges : 1. In our 136 Crores Populated Country Doctor Population is very Poor . So each Dr.has to attend huge No. of patients every day . In my hands on experience I have seen even after taking Rs. 2000 fees they are only can give 2 or 3 min to patients .After all patients they are to attend at least 50 companies per day . Post Covid 19 They will have to spend more time for their personal safety etc. In such scenario will they be able to attend Webinar or Zoom meet or any digital Communication from all Companies ? If they don't get time , will select to few companies & certainly they must be biggies. In such situation what will be the fate of many others? 2. In our country at deep interior many RMP , Non Qualified Dr.s are regularly practicing . We like it or not a major chunk of our healthcare system depends on them . Because Dr. population is too poor per 1000 patients . In those area s will it be possible to reach them Digitally?If not then will it be possible for companies to afford two teams --- Physical & Digital . Or through which model we should go in future?

Hariram Krishnan 29 May 2020 18:56

Thank you for the keen interest you have taken to watch and listen to my webinar. Good questions... 1. Your point about the Dr very valid. The best thing is not to paint all the Drs with the same brush. The organisation has to understand their customer preferences. Generalisation should be avoided. 2. Yes. Phygital (digital +Physical) should be looked at as an option. Contrary to what we all think, even Drs in the rural areas have become digitally savvy. Platforms like Jio and their current FB involvement will further add power to these. So better to have the correct understanding and see what options can be explored (approachable goals)