Participants

Opinions

The Importance of Customer Journeys in Digital Marketing

Participants

Opinions

aa306d0c70a74f919f258af5c14d687c

Description

Keynote points for this week's session:

1. Creating and distributing relevant content, in the right touchpoint or channel, in the right sequence, helps to engage every individual person and deepen their relationship with your brand.

2. It is important to not just have journeys for each type of customer, but to also clearly define who your customers are. Hint: Doctors are not the only customers for Pharma companies.

3. A granular customer journey is very different from demographic data about them, for example: age, gender, address, phone number, location, size of practice and prescription habits.

4. However, is it valid for all our customers? Unlikely! Each of your target customers come to your brand in a different sequence of touchpoints, and this sequence will differ from person to person.

5. Part of the reason the sales engagement process can be less effective is because your customers come to your product in their own unique way and, in reality, it is far more complicated than the lovely linear customer journeys that we see within our companies.

Share:

Does your brand plan consist of a granular customer journey?
23 Votes
No, I don’t know what it means
35%
No, but we have patient acquisition models
26%
We have started to work on customer journeys
35%
Mapping customer journey is in our DNA
4%
Riyaz Mulla 24 Jun 2020 04:51

Excellent 👌👌 Examples made easy to understand comlex things

Salil Kallianpur 26 Jun 2020 17:37

Thanks a lot

Vivek Hattangadi 6 Jul 2020 10:56

Excellent treatise on patient journey!☺️😊👍💐

Girisan Kariangal 28 Jun 2020 15:14

Very well put across Salil. Good points to act upon. Thanks.

Vivek Hattangadi 26 Jun 2020 17:26

An excellent treatise in digital transformation. It was really a good learning for me. Thanks a lot for sharing!😊 Vivek Hattangadi

Salil Kallianpur 26 Jun 2020 17:37

Sir you are very kind. Thank you for the encouragement and support.

Swapnil Ashok Vichare 24 Jun 2020 19:22

Thank you so much sir for sharing knowledge. Your preparedness and efforts to make content simple and understanding are amazing... This approach will definitely help build loyal customers. Challenge would be to give same kind of experience if not better next time to customers.

Salil Kallianpur 26 Jun 2020 17:38

So glad to hear that you liked it. Thanks for watching

Sudhendra Anandgal 24 Jun 2020 19:12

Great insight lot needs to be done. thank you so much

Thanks for watching

Sandeep Varma 24 Jun 2020 19:06

A great webinar Salil. You have nicely illustrated how the mapping of doctors and patients can be done by Pharma companies at each stage and how by using a CLM, we can create customer loyalty for our company & brands, without being pushy for the brands. I am recommending this to other colleagues also to watch and benefit from the same. Cheers!

Excellent to hear that Sandeep! Thank you

Deep Bhandari 24 Jun 2020 17:14

Great insights Salil reminding the 3 cardinal rules of digital marketing

Salil Kallianpur 26 Jun 2020 17:39

Thanks a lot Deep for your encouragement

Amaninder Dhillon 24 Jun 2020 16:29

In navigating the customer journey, how do you circumvent compliance and regulatory landmines? Most of the scientific and commercial data have to be firewalled (available and to be accessed only by Physicians) otherwise it may be construed as direct to patient promotion. Having separate digital gateways for patients/caregivers/physicians/payers/pharmacy is a challenge in itself.

This was part of presentation - Understanding Patient Experience before Launching a Product by Milijana Drobnjak, Director Marketing, Market Access at Novartis at Pharma IQ Live. She did talk about the regulatory challenges in the US and said, it was difficult but certainly possible to work with the regulators. I'm sure in India, regulators are not the main challenge.

Amaninder Dhillon 24 Jun 2020 18:03

The DCGI gives approval based on indication and speciality , and I am sharing experience from oncology, where its specific to speciality e.g Denosumab was approved prevention of SRE for medical oncologist but the compliance and regulations didn't allow to promote to urologist initially who also treat prostate cancer. So any promotion or engagement of urologist was consider offlabel. It was only after some time with Dr recommendation the DCGI amended the label I am sure others can give more e.g

Amaninder Dhillon 24 Jun 2020 19:31

I liked the Webinar. It is very thoughtful & Interesting. Todays Brand Manager must utilize (Club) this digital process with conventional process to drive growth of a Brand. i.e 3Ps + DE ( Digital expirience for the Customer). Thanks Sir

Salil Kallianpur 21 Jun 2020 15:15

Thank you for watching

Prasad Mahadevan - 19 Jun 2020 21:38

Sir as you rightly said the thinking now should be service and experience oriented rather than product centric. Currently all Pharma companies keep huge budgets to satisfy customers with inputs, So according to you what's your opinion is it better to understand the need and take feedback from customers regarding requirements of any specific inputs, before finalizing the same. Also you spoke abou about customer engagement happen through experience but currently neither the second line managers nor the first line managers taking that interest or pain to understand Dr's requirements, because the feedbacks that currently we as marketers get is since other companies are giving e cards, vouchers, big inputs and schemes we are loosing our market share, rather than understanding the real cause. So how can such mindset or thoughts can be changed to get better feedback or needs or doctors to fulfill

Anup Soans 19 Jun 2020 22:13

Pharma needs to move away from transactional selling to services and experiences through genuine CRM to create customer loyalty. Current methods are unsustainable because someone else can give a better deal and that reduces you to a commodity. When you watch all the webinars and put the key learnings together, it will make sense.

Deep Bhandari 19 Jun 2020 21:12

Brilliant webinar Salil, well articulated and you are at your best in simplifying such a complex issues with a logical flow. Loved those customer and patients experience examples.

Salil Kallianpur 20 Jun 2020 17:07

Thank you very much Deep!

Vani Bhaskar 19 Jun 2020 19:43

I always look forward for your session. Right from the beginning u are continuously reinforcing on services n customer experience. Also rightly mentioned as 3 C context, content and channels. Any process or protocol on how to build customer experience with customer services.

Salil Kallianpur 20 Jun 2020 17:09

Yes there are broad processes to build experience that customer-focused companies follow. However there are no thumb rules because contexts differ with customer sets. Best to use your own judgement in building the process that best suits your organisation.

Purnima Ravindra Kanojia 19 Jun 2020 17:52

A very nice presentation. I really want to know, what practical solutions will pharma world use for enhancing customer focus

Salil Kallianpur 19 Jun 2020 17:59

I dont think you need any 'solutions'. All you need is a change in mindset - not thinking of my brand everywhere, but focusing more on the needs of the customer.

Sudhanshu Shekhar 19 Jun 2020 17:46

Very insightful information. Thanks for your very helpful and clear ideas.

Salil Kallianpur 19 Jun 2020 17:51

Glad you found it helpful

Vivek Hattangadi 19 Jun 2020 17:35

Excellent. Truly enlightening. Loved it!👍👌💐 Vivek Hattangadi

See all comments...
Soumalya Chatterjee 22 Jun 2020 17:18

Thank you Sir for the insightful presentation... specially loved the concept of building all the services around the normal life of a customer so that he does not feel like Marketing Regards, Soumalya Chatterjee

VINEET JAIN 25 Jun 2020 16:04

sali sir, thank you for a great insight into the need for creating customer journey... the challenge we face is once the doctor liked the content in the right context,,, the need to have DIFFERENTIATION around every time becomes difficult... you highlighted examples of the webinar, dr's testimonial on Facebook etc. today in India, only 30% of the drs are digital-savvy WHO IS CONNECTED TO VARIOUS DIGITAL PLATFORMS. you said that pharma has to get right products for the customers.... but the example of iPhone which created its own blue ocean holds relevance where need was created. many brands in pharma that received poor response during pre launch surveys became popular once promoted scientifically. please share your comment

VINEET JAIN 25 Jun 2020 16:04

salil sir thank you.