Selling in the New Normal - The Rise of Med Rep 2.0

Participants

Opinions

Selling in the New Normal - The Rise of Med Rep 2.0

Participants

Opinions

60eb61905a5d105b239ba3967e817625

Share:

You missed the live on Wednesday? You can still watch it here: https://youtu.be/t6VSjWgqi6Y

Govind prasad Sharma 28 Jul 2020 12:42

very insightful discussion, practical and foresight too.

Hariram Krishnan 14 Aug 2020 17:50

Dr Shenoy... Thank you for bringing clarity about telemedicine and its use. You have precisely brought out that Effectiveness can come from multiple levels, and telemedicine wins almost all of them. Also, Telemedicine destroys the barriers traditional medicine had. Thank you. Very insightful

Jyotin Dev Das 16 Aug 2020 00:51

Thanks Salil & Anup ji. Agree with Salil on importance of providing the digital ecosystem which will be the competitive advantage for any one who provides it. Alibaba Money is a good example. While we are discussing so much about the Med Rep 2.0 or his evolved hybrid version, I am more wondering as to what would be the re-purposed role of the three layers of his managers, ie The Area, Regional & Zonal Managers in the post lock down period ( I wouldn't call it Post Covid , as covid is here to stay). If there isn't going to be relevance of such hierarchy due to new normal such as digital transformations & requirement of social distancing etc, what would the Med Rep 2.0 look forward to as a career progression for himself?

Prasad Mahadevan - 4 Aug 2020 21:27

Dear Salil Sir The session was very enlightening & full of relavent information & how Pharma should move ahead. It really an eye opener & definitely Companies should start thinking on same. Sir you discussed about doctors acceptance to digital technology whether telemedicine/email/ Videochat etc & through the market study you showed the increase in acceptance but is the market data covering the tier 2 & tier 3 towns? Please provide insight on this since because there is been discussion regarding launch of telemedicine app but when we speak to our tier 2/tier 3 customer who are the KBLs for the company there is not positive response regarding digital information ,infact they are more inclined to for CRMs.

Anup Soans 12 Aug 2020 18:34

Missed the LIVE Q&A on Telemedicine with @ShenoyRobinson ? You can view it now on - https://youtu.be/ILrKyvgxuYo

Bhaskar Chakravorti 28 Jul 2020 18:07

Very insightful understanding of the Pharma companies' new role in the new normal . I agree that to succeed pharma companies will have to leverage the synergy between traditional and digital. Could I say they have to be in a well-coordinated omnichannel?

Amit Ashok Tyagi 25 Jul 2020 08:14

As always lots of insight and clarity in Salil Sir's talk. Digital sales organization with consultative selling and solution providers way to go.👍 "The best way to predict the future is to create it" Never been so true especially for Pharma now that we are in midst of digital transformation. Traditionally strength of Pharma had been in staying one step ahead of its customers (HCP) in terms of information access and hence the relevance. However with slow adoption of the digital revolution in true sense, Pharma is loosing on that strength and relevance

Salil Kallianpur 25 Jul 2020 18:15

Thank you for watching and commenting

rohini landge 23 Jul 2020 18:01

Very impactful discussion. It provides many points as food for thought. Such vital discussion help to redesign future of pharma India. Key suggestions Like Hybrid pharma, omnichannel marketing and digital ecosystem Will help in gaining edge. Awaiting for next insightful session...!!

Salil Kallianpur 24 Jul 2020 13:08

Thank you Rohini - glad to see your continued interest in this domain.

Amaninder Dhillon 23 Jul 2020 15:46

Very Stimulating Curtain Raiser

Salil Kallianpur 24 Jul 2020 13:08

Many thanks Aman

The entire discussion is thought provoking & busted myth that M.R. would loose jobs in new normal. Takeaways are as follows: (1) Organizations can leverage relationship of MR in new normal to promote relevant content (2) Entire Organization should become customer centric not just Sales & Marketing department (3) Data Mining & Data Analytics department to be created to support MR & line managers to provide solutions in the form of content for HCPs (4) If Banking industry can do it so can pharma industry (5) Competition can come from from other sector of indusrty as well.Better get equipped now. (6) I fully Agree Anupjis opinion. Role of MR has not evolved over the years,in fact it got modified to Sales Man or Sales Girl at the end of the day. (7) CEOs to take initiative to change to create Culture " New Normal" I thank Anup ji & Salil Sir for excellent & enriching experience !

Anup Soans 23 Jul 2020 13:29

Thank you Surendra - the way you have captured the key learning will be useful to all participants.

Mangalesh Balkrishna Doke 23 Jul 2020 17:42

This is absolutely correct

Salil Kallianpur 24 Jul 2020 13:09

Excellent capture of the key take-aways. Thank you!

Ravi Shankar 22 Jul 2020 19:10

Good thoughts by salil. Hope some of them will be a reality.

Salil Kallianpur 24 Jul 2020 13:10

Yes that is my fond hope too. Not someday, but someday *soon*

Swapnil Ashok Vichare 22 Jul 2020 18:01

Sir thanks for stimulation thoughts. I liked the concept of providing a package to cater HCP needs...

Salil Kallianpur 24 Jul 2020 13:10

THanks!

Nilesh Vasant Pawar 22 Jul 2020 17:59

👌👌👌

Salil Kallianpur 24 Jul 2020 13:11

Thank you!

Sachin Jain 22 Jul 2020 17:51

Thank You Sir... if possible please share about online pharmacy business affected AREA wise business & Achivement

Nikhil Nanda 22 Jul 2020 17:41

Sir what is your model of digital times? If you would like to share

Anonymous
22 Jul 2020 17:55

Any example of the digital model?

Salil Kallianpur 24 Jul 2020 13:11

I think if you watch my previous webinar and live discussion, you should have some sense of it. If not, let me know and I will cover it in greater detail in the future.

RAJEEV AGARWAL 22 Jul 2020 17:34

Very insightful discussion. Agree with Salil Sir that power structures are shifting in the branded generic business and pharma needs to look at the big picture of changes happening in the business environment.

Salil Kallianpur 24 Jul 2020 13:12

Thank you!

Deep Bhandari 22 Jul 2020 17:30

Truly enjoyed wonderful conversation Salil and Anup. The New Med Rep 2.0 will need to develop companies to invest in both organisational capabilities and individual Rep’s skills to get the full benefit of Selling in the new normal. Brilliant discussion !!

Salil Kallianpur 24 Jul 2020 13:12

Thank you Deep - full credit to you for setting the context of this conversation in your talk last week.

Kamini Sharma 22 Jul 2020 17:30

Salil Sir , As you mentioned during the Digital Excellence training , The rise of MR 2.0 is possible only when organization adopt digital Ecosystem . They have to accept the fact that MR 1.0 is not going to add great value to sales or organization much in current times . People at top have to change their mindset and they should come forward to initiate ithe transition of MR 1.0 to MR 2.0 . The MR 2.0 should be Digitally capable , Customer focused , Scientifically inclined , aligned with Medical affairs team , understand market conditions and conduct a scientific dialogue with a diverse set of customers and all of this is not possible if organization is not inclined to adapt and adopt digital mindset . Thank you for sharing your valuable insights . Thank you Anup sir and Credoweb for creating this ongoing learning platform .

Salil Kallianpur 24 Jul 2020 13:14

Yes Kamini - the top has to change, but I think there is equal responsibility at all levels to: a) Upskill and upgrade b) keep feedback going to the top to inform of changes c) create a groundswell for the need to change THanks for watching and commenting!!