Patient-Centered Pharma - The Imperative & The Roadmap

Participants

Opinions

Patient-Centered Pharma - The Imperative & The Roadmap

Participants

Opinions

b524d7696a7c557e03b546840d109fee

Description

Why Should Pharma Move from Product Centric to Patient Centered Approach?

Share:

Today's discussion starts in just a few minutes. And if you have missed Wednesday's webinar, you can still watch it here:

Vivek Hattangadi 12 Sep 2020 10:43

Superb Amlesh! Missed listening live! Loved: Need to be people centric first to be patient centric. Also loved your empathy towards the humble people in the field. Great learning for me! Vivek Hattangadi

Amlesh Ranjan 12 Sep 2020 13:01

Thank you Prof. Vivek Hattangadi! It's encouraging to know, you liked my approach, and the views.

Prasad Mahadevan - 13 Sep 2020 18:16

Really Amlesh Sir ,it was a eye opening session & a new door of patient centered pharma which needs to be opened ,to take the Industry to next level. I really liked the session very much. Sir have some query You highlighted that pharma should not only be product centric & promotion oriented but it should be 3Ps ie Promotion, Partnership & Participation . Its important to partner with other Heathcare sectors mainly hospitals & work on disease management rather than product. But sir for acute specialties or for organisations whose main business comes from acute therapy & all the products are well known in the market & the customer ie doctor is well versed with the products & its management & there is nothing new to provide awareness or information to the customers & he is least interested to be partnering with the company to increase the patient awareness. In such case what should be the approach as a company to adopt the 3P models

Amlesh Ranjan 14 Sep 2020 12:27

Thanks Prasad Mahadevan for your comments and the question. Hospitals have long back transformed themselves from only being a Acute/Critical care centers to become Daycare, and Outdoor Primary & Chronic care centers. These are the key services offered now, and it is universal across all chains and standalone hospitals. If the Doctors are well versed with your product, it is a good news, find out, what else means value to him/her, and try developing/providing that. Remember, it's not just about selling, it's contributing towards improving the outcomes, and a lot gets done to achieve that.

Bhaskar Chakravorti 11 Sep 2020 18:27

Thanks once again to Amlesh Rajan and Anup Soans for discussing the topic presented last Wednesday. Picker's Eight Principles of Patient-Centred Care is a novel learning for me.

Amlesh Ranjan 12 Sep 2020 13:04

Thank you Bhaskar! Happy that you liked the Q&A as well. Yes, Healthcare providers and Health Systems have all the learning that our industry needs to be truly Patient Centered.