Decoding Indian Pharma’s Approach to Digital Adoption and Transformation in a Covid-19 World

Participants

Opinions

Decoding Indian Pharma’s Approach to Digital Adoption and Transformation in a Covid-19 World

Participants

Opinions

e3997503d12c3983f4d309c2f1783d20

Description

The current challenges:

• Sales are declining in most cases. However, the sales of established brands are steadily growing, even with the field force unable to meet doctors at pre-Covid levels.
  • Most non-Covid patients are unable to access doctors due to various constraints, forcing doctors to quickly adopt digital in some form.
  • Healthcare is at an inflection point, where digital adoption becomes a necessity to fix its inefficient and already broken model of decreasing interest by physicians to meet Medical Reps, poor quality and high attrition of field force and legacy systems and lack of customer engagement and customer experience oriented marketing.

Share:

Today's Q&A starts in just a few minutes. Join Anup Soans & Deep Bhandari for yet another inspiring conversation. Don't forget to post your questions on the discussion board. And if you missed Wednesday's session or want to watch it again, here's the link:

Pritam B Bhosale 9 Oct 2020 17:41

Challenge is to Retain Prescriber and ensure growth of prescription is maintained.

P K Verma 9 Oct 2020 16:00

The challenge is to improve on "Average Effective Rating". The challenge exists not only application of Digi-tools but virtually to entire gamut of marketing tools and techniques. If there could be greater focus on methodology to improve on AER, it will help all.

Deep Bhandari 9 Oct 2020 23:18

Thanks for your comment P K Verma, Agree with your views, organisations need to focus on the methodology to ensure all channels should work seamlessly. While average effective rating is indicator, the bigger challenge is how do we add value and delight the Physicians and other stake-holders.

Velmurugan Sivarajan 8 Oct 2020 17:34

Great presentation and wonderful insights +++ just playing devils advocate... ....For all the strong push and inclination towards digital transformation, I have a basic question of evaluating the impact of it in my mind, has any one demonstrated the effectiveness of it?,(in Pharma world?.. will be very keen to know) we have seen even now(based on the survey results presented by Mr Bhandari) the most effective way is face to face meetings (HCPs) without a doubt we have to change the way we operate but 'is digital transformation the only piece we are looking at' or something beyond or something else as well? Patient centricity, empathetic communications can be delivered as effectively in digital set up?... I am all of digital engagements, but still not sure of the impact :-(

Deep Bhandari 9 Oct 2020 00:21

Thanks Velmurugan Sivarajan for your comment, I glad you liked the presentation and find research insightful. Digital transformation is about delighting the customers rather than marketing to the target group. It's about how all channels including Reps work seamlessly to add value to patients and other stakeholders. There are now good amount of well documented evidence e.g. Evidence Based Multichannel revised edition 2018 by Across Health. Also please refers to Samish Menon's webinar (Available on Credoweb) that provide relative effectiveness across channels, trust you may find these quite practical and useful. Undoubtedly, Reps are most preferred and highly effective and will always remain the question is what role they will play. Thanks again for your comments.

Velmurugan Sivarajan 9 Oct 2020 09:19

thanks sir for the response. I agree customer delight is an important objective for every marketing action,, the messages on social media that you presented were disturbing, hence the question on impact.

I will go through the suggested content, thanks once again for your prompt reply

Anup Soans 9 Oct 2020 12:20

Great questions @ Velmurugan Sivarajan - such questions are necessary to broaden our understanding - thank you VS and Deep for the reply.

Excent Forcasting On Multiple Capability Buiding In New Normal Era of Digital Transformation. Thanks..

Deep Bhandari 9 Oct 2020 00:22

Thanks Mangalesh for your comment and feedback.

Bhaskar Chakravorti 7 Oct 2020 20:04

My take-away from Deep Bhandari's presentation today is that Digitization is to improve HCP engagement by improving Commercial team engagement and their capabilities. Leadership has to invest in reskilling the field force and empower them to integrate face to face calls with remote detailing platforms. The Road Map to Digital Adoption was very relevant to repurpose roles and structural alignment. On a lighter vein, the cartoon titled 'Through the Hoop, Bob' is close to Deep Bhandari's heart as it has made a repeat appearance today.

Deep Bhandari 9 Oct 2020 00:29

Thanks Bhaskar for your comment, I am happy you liked and find it relevant and useful, yes! I am concerned about Bobs, every-time I read Physicians frustrated / angry tweets, the real challenge is repurposing Customer Facing People job definition and re-skilling or up-skilling if they are promising. Thanks again for the feedback.

Vivek Hattangadi 7 Oct 2020 18:41

Very insightful insights for pharma professionals!😊💐👌

Deep Bhandari 9 Oct 2020 00:30

Thanks Prof Hattangadi for you inspiration and encouraging comment Sir.

Amlesh Ranjan 7 Oct 2020 18:24

Key aspects of a high value topic, presented in an insightful Deep Bhandari style. Some hard messages too. Thank you!

Deep Bhandari 9 Oct 2020 00:32

Thanks Amlesh, happy you liked the topic and find it insightful. Thanks for the feedback, truly appreciate

RAJESH TIWARI 7 Oct 2020 18:05

Pertinent , very relevant topic presented so very well in the deep bhandari style. Enriching.

Deep Bhandari 9 Oct 2020 00:32

Thanks Rajesh, I am glad you liked the presentation and find it enriching.

Ravindra Jain 7 Oct 2020 16:19

Future of pharmaceutical industry ?

Hanno Wolfram 7 Oct 2020 16:34

Dear Ravindra the current situation indicates, that the pharmaceutical industry's business-model of "simply selling pills" cannot sustain in the future. It is far too simple, calling a physician "customer" trying to "sell a drug" to this so-called customer. The future of this industry will lie in adding true value to care, helping physicians to improve their patient's outcome and health. Necessary knowledge and expertise, money to be invested, and many highly skilled people are available. Only the objective must be re-worded. It must no longer sound like "sales" and "market-share." This industry's activities in the future will be centered around better patient-outcome. The learning curve will be steep and not many will successfully climb this ladder. By the way: means to achieve better patient-outcome are manifold. Many, not all, will be from a "digital" nature.

Anup Soans 7 Oct 2020 16:41

Thank you Hanno.

Deep Bhandari 9 Oct 2020 00:36

Thanks Hanno for your comment and valuable inputs including "to achieve better patient-outcome are manifold. Many, not all, will be from a "digital" nature".

Amit Katoch 6 Oct 2020 22:42

It’s true that doctors are not allowing marketing staff for the professional calls and only those individual who have over the years developed closeness are able to access their customers. All in all finally it has shown once again that relationship is what would be a leading factor in Pharma industry.

Deep Bhandari 9 Oct 2020 00:39

Thanks Amit, completely agree, thanks for your comment.