Remdesivir, Favipiravir: How Effective Are They Against Covid-19?
At a time when coronavirus cases in India are spiraling like never before, putting a tremendous pressure on the healthcare system, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals has received a nod from the Drugs Controller General of India to manufacture and market antiviral drug Favipiravir, under the brand name Fabiflu.
Experts, however, say, like many other new anti-viral drugs, more data, testing and evidence is needed to prove their efficacy.
The public debate on NDTV - Remdesivir, Favipiravir: How Effective Are They Against Covid-19?
1. Dr C.S. Pramesh, Director, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
2. Dr. Rakesh Varma, Additional Director General of Health Services, Government of India.
3. Dr. Naval K. Vikram, Professor, Department of Medicine, A.I.I.M.S., New Delhi.
4. Dr. D. Roy, former Deputy Drugs Controller, GoI.
5. Dr. Monika Tandon, Vice President and Head Clinical Development at Glenmark.
Link to Video: The Favipiravir Debate